Hep C Question

I have hep c and am considering going on treatment but one thing is really worrying me. I am underweight to begin with and have heard that you can lose alot of weight due to the side effects of the medication. I feel that it would be extremly unhealthy to weigh in at say 70 lbs. being 5 ft. 2. Is it true that you can lose so much weight. I now weight 90lbs. soaking wet.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You don't say if you have HIV or are male or female. However many people who get treated for Hepatitis C lose some weight, some as much as 10 pounds. However that can be prevented or treated as it comes up with a variety of agents including testosterone, oxandrolone, marinol, megace and others. Talk to your provider about your concerns, you should be able to overcome that hurdle with her or his help! Good luck! DTD

Syptoms, Swollen Node question
Blood Clot