Syptoms, Swollen Node question

I got a cold about 5 weeks ago. My symptoms were pretty bad for a couple weeks, and they have gradually gotten better since then. I went to the doctor at the 4 week mark and she said that my tonsils are still enlarged, but will go down with time. I also still have a single very slightly enlarged lymph node under the right side of my jaw. It is not painful. I was wondering if these could be signs of HIV infection. The fact that I have had a cold that took a while to go away, as well as the fact that my tonsils are still enlarged as well as the single lymph node? I have also been under a tremendous amount of stress lately, so could this be causing me to take longer to get better? Thank you for your consideration and response.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

This is not really a hepatitis question, but primary HIV infection can be a lot like a cold. If you have risks for HIV you should ask your MD for an HIV test and not try to guess based on symptoms! Get tested! DTD

Zerit, Hep b &wasting
Hep C Question