interferon and hiv

i am 21 years old ihave hiv since 7 monthes iam not on medication.my viral load in 1/12/2008 not detected but my cd4 was 915 and now 436 (35%)because i tam on interferon and ribavirin and also zefix since 6 monthes.my question if my cd4 stil law and became less than 200 what should i do? in this case i have to start medecation for hiv even iam not detected?or i have to stop interferon?please advice me.thank you.

Interferon reliably causes CD4 cells to drop but the CD4 percentage stays the same or increases. If this is the case with you, I would not be concerned. The only issue I am concerned about clinically are candida infections - eg, thrush of the mouth. Interferon can cause waning of CD4 responses against this pathogen.

I also suspect that your CD4 count will not drop much lower and that your CD4 count will rebound after discontinuation of IFN>

wife tested positive
reoccurance of hep c