|wife tested positive
Dec 21, 2008
Thanks for the good works,i married a widowed woman about six months ago,now she is pregnant and tested hiv positive,dr.does it mean iam infected ?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would want you and your wife to discuss with your doctor as to whether this was a rapid HIV test or a routine HIV test - the rapid tests need to be confirmed. If truly positive, she and you will also need hepatitis testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What's The Best Way To Get Rid Of Herpes Outbreak?
- What Over The Counter Drugs Can Treat Genital Herpes?
- What Organism Is Responsible For The Transmission Of Syphilis?
- What Meds Are Used For Gonorrhea?
- What Happens When Shingles Gets In The Brain?
- What Happens When Genital Warts Are Not Treated?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.