|Hepatitis C not active?
Dec 21, 2008
I recently took a medical exam for a police department. The results were mailed to me and in the laboratory findings it said my Hepatitis C test was positive. There are no signs of active infection. What exactly does that mean?
Response from Dr. McGovern
It sounds like your Hepatitis C antibody was positive but your liver function tests were normal.
If you have no risk factor for HCV I would recommend another blood test called a RIBA test - your original HCV antibody may have been a "false positive" and the RIBA is more accurate.
should teenagers be immunized against hepatitis b
- Can You Get The Hiv Virus From Drinking Out The Same Cup?
- How Much Does Hep B Treatment Cost?
- White Genital Herpes Blisters
- What Can You Put On Herpes Sore To Stop The Itch?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.