|Hepatitis C not active?
Dec 21, 2008
I recently took a medical exam for a police department. The results were mailed to me and in the laboratory findings it said my Hepatitis C test was positive. There are no signs of active infection. What exactly does that mean?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It sounds like your Hepatitis C antibody was positive but your liver function tests were normal.
If you have no risk factor for HCV I would recommend another blood test called a RIBA test - your original HCV antibody may have been a "false positive" and the RIBA is more accurate.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Swallowing Cum
- Vaginal Sex Without Condom Scared To Death
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Dried Blood?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Giving Handjob?
- What Are The Odds Of Getting HIV From Licking Genital?
- What Are The Odds Of Getting HIV From Sharing A Razor?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.