|viral load increase
Dec 21, 2008
Hi Doc, i wonder is alcohol intake will increase your viral load? Thank you
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes - alcohol can increase the HCV RNA level - several studies have demonstrated this.
Alcohol can also cause additional liver damage.
Alcohol also suppresses your immune system.
For all these reasons, I do not treat someone with HCV who is still drinking since I think it is an exercise in futility.
Failure Of Hep C treatment.
should teenagers be immunized against hepatitis b
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
- What Can Cause Herpes False Positive?
- What Are The Chances Of Spreading Herpes With No Symptoms?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- Time It Takes To Get Genital Warts After Exposure
- Syphilis And Cbc
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.