|viral load increase
Dec 21, 2008
Hi Doc, i wonder is alcohol intake will increase your viral load? Thank you
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes - alcohol can increase the HCV RNA level - several studies have demonstrated this.
Alcohol can also cause additional liver damage.
Alcohol also suppresses your immune system.
For all these reasons, I do not treat someone with HCV who is still drinking since I think it is an exercise in futility.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Runny Nose A Symptom Of HIV?
- Seroconverting After Sex With A Prostitute
- Dry Cough After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.