|Failure Of Hep C treatment.
Dec 21, 2008
Hello Barbara. My father was recently told by his doctor that his hep c did not go away after treatment. He was a heavy drinker for years but has since quit for 3 years now. I would just like to what the life expectancy will be?. Drugs are NOT a factor at all as well.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your father will want to ask his physician that question because much depends on his degree of liver disease. It is excellent that he is not using alcohol however. That is critically important.
New drugs are in the pipeline so hopefully he will have a chance with something else in the future.
viral load increase
- Does Gardasil Work If Already Have Hpv?
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Can You Get Aids From A Paper Cut?
- Chronic Diarrhea Negative Hiv Tests
- Cut In Mouth Drinking Out Of Someone's Glass HIV Risk
- Does Rashes Reappear After 5 Months For HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.