Is my son protected by vaccine

Hi This is from hyderabad. My wife was diagnosed for HBV (HbSAg Reactive) during pregnant and my son got vacccined (HBIG) immediately after birth and also got three shots every month after his birth. Now we have tested for Both my wife and son and my wife is still reactive and my son results shows non-reactive. I was little happy that my son was protected. Is my son protected against vaccine. Is there any chance in future to get HBV to my son. Plz educate us. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks HSY

It sounds like the routine HBV vaccination protocol went smoothly and your son should be well protected. There is no risk to him at this point and he should remain healthy.

Your wife should see a liver specialist for serial monitoring over time to determine if she should eventually need treatment.

recently exposed
Truvada & HepB (not HIV+)