SVR after treatment relapse?

Dr. McGovern,

Two years ago I finished interferon and ribiviran treatment for hep c geno type 1. A few months after treatment my viral load bounced back and I was considered a treatment failure. By the way, I have been categorized as having stage 4 liver damage. A few weeks ago I had routine blood work and it showed that all my blood work was within normal range including ALT and AST enzymes. Just last week I drew blood for a viral load count and amazingly it came back negative for Hep C! Is it possible to have a sustained virological response after treatment failure?

Confused

I am confused as well. I would be quite surprised at these lab results.

I would get a third HCV RNA level to determine the accuracy of this result - it seems to me that one of the previous results was wrong. I hope it was the first one!

Chronic HBV
Window Peroid for HIV /HCV Conifection