Chronic HBV

I have been diagnose with Chronice HBV. I was vaccinated at school and never thought I would be born with the virus. During routine lab work I decide to get a titer. The titer showed no immunity. The doctors then did HB quantiative DNA by PCR test. The results were 209,000,000!!! I am waiting to see a specialist to see if I need treatment. Most likey I will. Should I be scared that I have Cancer? Is this a deadly viral load? Please help me understand where I stand in treatment and recovery.

Thank you.

It is a good thing that you were evaluated at school so you can have proper evaluation and follow-up.

Yes you should have serial liver function tests and an ultrasound for further evaluation. If your ALT is markedly elevated consistently for greater than 6 months, it would be a good time to consider treament. If your liver function tests are normal, you may just need serial follow-up every 3 to 6 months. Hepatitis B virus levels are very high in many people so you are certainly not alone.

Be certain that your doctor is a specialist in liver disease.

HbsAg and Sex
SVR after treatment relapse?