|HbsAg and Sex
Dec 21, 2008
Dear Dr, Iam 23 years old and I was tested for HbsAg+ve,HbeAg-ve and anti-Hbe+ve. I have a girlfriend and I never had sex with her till now. Am I really an infective person? What sexual precautions do I need to take in order not to transmit any infections to my girlfriend?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I recommend further testing for you with HBV DNA to see if you have active infection or not. If active you need serial monitoring and perhaps treatment depending on results of liver function testing and perhaps a liver biopsy.
As for prevention, I recommend condom use and immunization for your girlfriend.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blisters After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.