HbsAg and Sex

Dear Dr, Iam 23 years old and I was tested for HbsAg+ve,HbeAg-ve and anti-Hbe+ve. I have a girlfriend and I never had sex with her till now. Am I really an infective person? What sexual precautions do I need to take in order not to transmit any infections to my girlfriend?

I recommend further testing for you with HBV DNA to see if you have active infection or not. If active you need serial monitoring and perhaps treatment depending on results of liver function testing and perhaps a liver biopsy.

As for prevention, I recommend condom use and immunization for your girlfriend.

hcv nonresponsive
Chronic HBV