Dec 21, 2008
I am non responsive to treatment 2 times what can be done at this time so that i can have the hcv geno type 1B put into remission?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would wait for the availability of newer drugs (called STAT-C Specifically Targeted Antiviral Therapy for HCV) which will hopefully be available in 3 to 5 years, although the timing is unclear so far. These agents are extremely promising in that they reduce virus very quickly, which is a very important aspect of successful treatment outcome.
Can HEPC show up in routine liver function tests for pregnancy?
HbsAg and Sex
- Sharing A Razor And HIV Transmission Risk
- Swallowing Cum How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Unprotected Vaginal Sex Scared I Have HIV
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Barebacking?
- Do White Bumps On Penis Mean I Have AIDS?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.