Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I might have HIV
Dec 21, 2008

In 2005 I had Twinrix shots. I have never had sex in any form with anyone other than my wife in 28 years. In 2006 I went on a business trip and we went to a strip bar. She knows I do this and she is OK with it. There were about 6 guys and one paid for a lap dance. She held her breast at my face and the rubbed on my face. I was just diagnosed with Hepatitis B and I am concerned I have HIV. I just had a blood test for HIV but I can't wait for 2 weeks. I have a small white spot on my lower lip. I have tingling in my toes and finger tips. My nose has been more runny than normal but I have had sinus problems my whole life and it is 35 below zero here. I could never eat a hot meal without getting up 3 to 4 times to blow my nose my nose whole life. For two years everyone has gotten colds around me and I never do. I was a fairly heavy drinker until weeks ago and just quit. I have worked out my whole life and stopped 3 years ago due to injuries. I quit drinking and started working out again 3 weeks ago and every day I am getting stronger. My workouts are very aggressive. Does this sound like someone with HIV?

Response from Dr. McGovern

I would not consider these symptoms of HIV.

As for your HBV, it is important to get follow-up to find out if you have chronic infection. If so, your wife should also be vaccinated.

Previous
hiv and failed hcv treatment
Next
Seroconverted at 4th month since i was infected with HBV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.