coinfection and pregnancy

i was infected with hep c eight yrs ago with my son, i am pregnant now and feel that five yrs ago i put myself at terrible risk for hiv, i want this baby i saw the ulttrasound and everything , but i have to get hiv testing and i know that the risks are so much higher, the last test i had on my hep c said undetectable, but i dont know if i can handle this i am reallly going crazy,i cry all the time that i put this baby, and my boyfriend at risk for hiv as well, i dont want to abort it either but a life with either one of these diseases i dont know what to do ash

There are two major issues to discuss: 1. Hepatitis C: If your hepatitis C virus was undetectable in the past, there is a strong possibility that this is still the case. I urge testing so you know for sure. If you do have virus in your blood, the chance of passing it to your baby is very low. Furthermore, even if your baby becomes infected, children can often clear the virus on their own.

2. HIV: I would urge you to get testing so all appropriate measures can be taken to prevent transmission to your baby and to begin effective treatment in you. Therapy for HIV - given during pregnancy - is extremely effective.

Please follow my advice for your heath and the future health of your baby.

finger pricked by HCV patient needle
hiv and failed hcv treatment