He was told he needed a liver transplant

Dearest Dr. McGovern, My brother has hep C and cirrhosis. He has had two blood transfusion and has been drained.. now he is not seeing a Dr. he thinks he is getting better and his liver is working he is on medication that they gave him with water pills... has been told in august that he needs a liver transplant. has not seen a dr. sinces. his belly is getting big again and the vaines in his arms are showing his skin is ash color and I do see yellow in his eyes.. what is his life expectancy? I'm the only one that he is letting help him.. I'm so worried and I feel that he is in denial and I need to know what to expect and what to do... not only to perpare myself but his childern... he lives alone and I worry that he may slip in a coma and with no one around all the time... please advise and let me know how much longer he may have at least approx. how long I have with him? Thank you so much for your time... Deb.. worried sister...

I am truly worried about your brother's condition with your description of yellow eyes and expanding belly. These are signs of worsening liver disease. Please tell him that I urge him to go to the hospital for further evaluation.

Hepatitis B vaginal fluids
finger pricked by HCV patient needle