|Cirrhosis caused by HBV or HBC
Dec 7, 2008
Dear Dr. McGovern,
Is Cirrhosis caused by HBV or HBV reversible if treated? Thank you.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Cirrhosis is a term that just refers to the architecture of the liver - a nodular liver. A cirrhotic liver does not make proteins normally.
Cirrhosis can develop from many different causes such as viral hepatitis (B or C), alcohol, fatty liver, hemochromatosis (iron overload disease) and other diseases.
Hepatitis B can be suppressed effectively to prevent the progression to cirrhosis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Virgin Get Genital Warts?
- Can Condoms Cause Allergies?
- Can You Have Kids If You Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.