Can I say im clear
Dec 7, 2008
I did a Hepatitis C Antibody Test at 11.5 weeks - negative and a Hepatitis C PCR test at 14.5 weeks - negative. With both these tests combined can I conclusivly say I am negative.
Response from Dr. McGovern
With a negative HCV PCR test - which is a sensitive test for virus itselft- at 14.5 weeks, I would be happy to say yes you are in the clear.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Transmit Hiv Via Acne?
- Chronic Candidiasis And Pancreatitis
- Using Soap As A Lubricant With Condoms And Hiv Risk
- Can You Get Hiv From Just Touching The Vagina?
- How Long After A Person Is Infected With Hiv Do You Get Symptoms?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.