How long does the vaccination last for(Hepatitis A)?
Dec 7, 2008
In regards to this question asked before your answer was they seem to last for a very long time. How long is a very long time? 10,20years? Can you be more specific. Thanks!
Response from Dr. McGovern
The answer is that it varies for each person. So, for example if someone has had an exposure, we will check to see if the antibodies are still protective to be certain that the person is still protected. We don't make those decisions based on the year that the person got vaccinated. We don't routinely check antibodies after immunization since the vast majority respond so well.
Other issues that affect surface antibody levels are concomitant illnesses that may cause declines of antibodies, like HIV infection, transplant, etc....
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Getting Scratched Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.