Can I become reactive again?

Could alcohol cause a HBV infection to become active again to a point one can give it to others? I have been cleared that my body has created antibodies against HBV. I have a few drinks every so often. Can I become infectous because of that?

Good question.

I think a few drink every so often is probably okay. However, think of alcohol as an immunosuppressant that you want to avoid in excess. Also, alcohol in itself can cause liver scarring in high quantities.

Your doctor will also want to weigh in...if you had cirrhosis from HBV infection, your doctor may not want you to drink at all.

How long does the vaccination last for(Hepatitis A)?