|Can I become reactive again?
Dec 7, 2008
Could alcohol cause a HBV infection to become active again to a point one can give it to others? I have been cleared that my body has created antibodies against HBV. I have a few drinks every so often. Can I become infectous because of that?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I think a few drink every so often is probably okay. However, think of alcohol as an immunosuppressant that you want to avoid in excess. Also, alcohol in itself can cause liver scarring in high quantities.
Your doctor will also want to weigh in...if you had cirrhosis from HBV infection, your doctor may not want you to drink at all.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Thrush From Salt Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.