CURE FOR CHRONIC HEP B

HELLO DOCTOR, in your opinion what are the chances of a complete cure for chronic hep b in the next 10 years or so ?

I think that "cure" is not the word we will ever use for hepatitis B. I believe that we will always talk about HBV SUPPRESSION because the virus is integrated into the host and can reactivate. However, I do believe that we will become more knowledgeable about the best way to suppress virus and to get higher rates of seroconversion. We will hopefully know by then if combination therapy is better than monotherapy.

In hepatitis C, we can use the word "cure" because the virus only lives in the cytoplasm of the host cell and can be completely eradicated.

Hep C lifespan and getting in eyes?
Can I become reactive again?