HIV and Hepatitis Co-infection

Hi Dr. McGovern,

I have a question that, while similar to one of your previously answered questions, goes a little further. Over a year ago I had a high risk sexual encounter and have tested negative for HIV both at the 3, 6, and 12 months since then, using the anitbody test. I have also had an HIV-DNA PCR test, which also came back negative. Moreover, at around the 6 month period, I had a Hepatitis panel (I believe the doctor called it that) done to check for hepatitis, which came back negative. (I don't know what type of Hepatitis test was run, whether antibody, PCR, etc.) I've read that if you are co-infected with both HIV and Hepatitis, they can give false negative results. Do you recommend any futher tests? After over a year of worrying, I'd like to put this to rest.

Thank you so much for you help!

Absolutely not! No further testing is required. Put it to rest.

Hep B Testing
hbs ab and viral load both high