|Alt & Ast results related to Hbs Ag?
Dec 7, 2008
Hi good day. I have a friend who happens to have his AST & ALT results elevated two times than the normal values. His MD told him to have the HBs Ag test to confirm the Hepa B scare. Fortunately, it was non reactive. But what other "thing" could have caused his liver test results to shoot up? Thanks in advance.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Many different etiologies can cause liver function tests (ALT and AST) to rise including viral hepatitis (Hepatitis A, B, or C mainly), medications, fatty liver, and others. If your friend is overweight, fatty liver may be the cause.
When an Acute hepa B patient's anti HBc IgM becomes POSITIVE??
im so worried about this
- Yeast Infection After Vaginosis
- Will Genital Warts Eventually Go Away And Not Flare Up Again?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does Being A Carrier Of Herpes Mean?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.