hemophiliac coinfected, w/hepc,aids,and PML

My husband is a hemophiliac diagnosed in 1989 with hep.c and hiv...he contracted PML 24 months ago and began Haart therapy. He has cognitive and speech deficits now, and at his last appointment, we were told that his liver enzymes are up. Now he is complaining of moderate pain under his ribson the right side, and has lost 6 pounds, but his doctor has not recommended any tests or treatment...I am his only caregiver, and need to know what i need to be watching for concerning his hep c...please help?

I would get an ultrasound of his liver and follow his liver enzymes carefully, especially if he is having right upper quadrant pain. I would also get an alfa feto protein (AFP) and tests of his liver's synthetic function, such as albumin and prothrombin.

Hopefully his HIV medications will lead to improvement in his PML (progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy) over time. As you probably know, this is a serious diagnosis. You will want to discuss his overall prognosis with his physician. However, I still think the ultrasound and AFP is important.

I hope this is helpful to you.

hepatitis
When an Acute hepa B patient's anti HBc IgM becomes POSITIVE??