Confusing to me.

Hi Dr. In Aug of 2008 I went back to the Dr's after almost 4 months from last potential HIV exposure, it was a negative result. We spoke about me getting a combined Hep A and B combo shots since I used to work in a Medical field and always had to use gloves. I received the 1st series of shots that day, and 2nd series in early Oct. I think I get my 3rd set in Feb of 09? My question Dr is this, How do I know that I dont already have Hep B or A or even c? And if so, aren't the 3 series of shots then worthless? The nurse that was giving me the shots as well as Hiv test, said my neg. hiv result at 3 months 25 days is accurate, but then I got to thinking about Hep viruses and asked her if I should get tested on those? They did not test for Hep viruses only give the vaccine, but she told me I was worried over getting hep for nothing, it was difficult to catch unless you have anal sex,shoot drugs, or blood to blood contact which none of those apply to me. I was tested for Hep C at a VA hopsital a month ago as standard procedure they said. But never heard from them, you think if they found something they would call or write a letter? Thanks for your input.

As a medical worker, it is possible that your serologic tests were performed in the recent past as part of your employee health testing. You will want to ask about this. We can tell about past exposure to hepatitis A, B, or C by simple blood tests.

NON VIRENIC
hepatitis c and hiv