Discouraged

Any dr's out there? I'm bit disappointed. Still in shock, I've been diagnosed with 1a... My initial number of hep c RNA was 146,875 After 4 weeks, only down to: 12,877 (approx. 90% drop from prior value)

I am correct that this is not good news?

The good news is that you have a low viral load prior to treatment.

You have had a decent response - but you will need to attain no detectable virus to be certain of a chance at cure. If I was your physician, I would check another HCV RNA at 8 weeks of treatment since it is certainly possible that your HCV RNA will be suppressed by that early time point. If so, I know that these kind of results are very reinforcing and encouraging for patients.

Be certain not to miss any doses of either drug.

Thank you very much
Worried daughter and hepatitis fears