Nov 16, 2008
Can you get hepatitis c from an infective person through sexual incounters?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes but the transmission of hepatitis C through sexual intercourse is considered low among monogamous couples. THe risk is higher if there is associated rectal trauma (with bleeding) or other STDs. These risk factors have been illustrated in several recent studies of MSM in Europe and the US.
Is Fibrosis Reversible?
Liver biospy Risk
- Thrush And Lozenges
- Is Hiv Transmission From Female To Male One Time Unlikely?
- How Long Do Symptoms Appear After Exposure To Hiv?
- Can Magnesium Help Heal Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Can You Be Infected With Hiv While Being Tested With The Needle?
- How Soon Dry Cough Develops In Newly Hiv Positive Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.