Is Fibrosis Reversible?

Hello. I've been doing some research on the internet and I've seen several articles explain that many individuals show reveral of fibrosis to near normal tissue once the virus is suppressed and the liver has had time to regenerate (its cells?). So my questions is if I continue to suppress the virus and don't drink or smoke or use drugs is any of the damage reversible?

THANKS

The answer to your excellent question is a definite "yes".

In matter of fact at the last liver disease meeting a few weeks ago, there was some discussion of what is the best way to follow patients who have been cured of their hepatitis C to determine their overall liver health. Several studies now show that over years fibrosis can regress.

Yes I would specifically stay away from alcohol to give your liver the best possible chance to recuperate and improve.

Congrats.

Are Hep. C and Lichen Planus connected?
hepatitis c