HIV and HEP C

I was diagnosed with HEP C in 2005, and was diagnosed with HIV in 2007. I had many transfusions in the 80's, never did drugs, not homosexual, can you receive both of these with blood transfusions, since I was never tested for HIV until 2007.

I do believe in God's grace and mercy.

Thanks

Your risk factor of transfusions in the 1980's would certainly be a risk factor for HCV infection and HIV (if before 1985). However, most patients who were infected with HIV in the 1980s through blood were diagnosed many years ago due to illness related to HIV immunosuppression.

If you are still healthy, and transfusion is your only risk factor, then you may have an unusually healthy immune system or perhaps you were infected through another route. For example, you could have acquired HIV sexually if you have had unprotected sex in the past.

You probably acquired HCV through the blood transfusions since HCV is infrequently transmitted through sex, but commonly was acquired through blood prior to HCV testing of the blood supply in 1992.

Hepatitis B a cause of Fatty Liver?
Are Hep. C and Lichen Planus connected?