|Hepatitis B a cause of Fatty Liver?
Nov 16, 2008
I was diagnosed with Hepatitis B since 1993 and recently diagnosed with fatty liver. Can we say that my fatty liver was a result of my having Hepatitis B?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Not necessarily. The link between viral hepatitis C and fatty liver (genotype 3 infection) is very strong. However, there is not a good link between Hepatitis B and fatty liver. I would ask your doctor to check your fasting lipids (cholesterol and triglycerides), fasting glucose, fasting insulin, and evaluate your ideal body weight against your current weight.
HIV and HEP C
- How Long Do I Have To Wait To Get A Hep Titer After A Hep B Shot?
- Can Having An Std Cause A False Positive Hiv Test?
- Can You Get Hiv From Touching Infected Blood?
- Is Dna By Pcr Accurate After One Week Hiv?
- What Does It Mean When Hiv Is Lying Dormant In Your Body?
- Where Does Bacterial Vaginosis Come From?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.