interferon and hiv

befor i took interferon my cd4 was 915 and after 4 months from begining interferon cd4 now 436 cd8 424 cd3 860why that habend and what it mean and what should i do now .thank you

Whenever I treat my HIV/HCV coinfected patients I always tell them the same thing:

I will not be paying attention to the CD4 count - only the CD4 percentage.

The reason for this is that interferon reliably causes many different cell lines to fall - including white blood cell counts, platelet counts - and in HIV infected patients - CD4 counts. However, it is important to note that the CD4 percentage does not change.

I would ask your doctor for the results of your CD4 percentage. I suspect it is stable - or even increased.

Your CD4 count will go back to baseline after therapy is done. If you are cured of your HCV, I would even bet that it may be higher.

Don't lose any sleep over this...Best of luck with your treatment. BE certain to take all your doses...

treatment?
Very concerned