|My ALT results due to Interferon
Nov 16, 2008
Finished 24 my weeks on Interferon Aug 08
Aug 08 ALT 544, HBV DNA <6 IU/ml
Oct 08 ALT 288
Nov 08 ALT 130
How long do you think my ALT will be in the normal range?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It appears that you have initiated interferon for hepatitis B infection. The more important question is what was your HB e antigen before therapy. If positive, then the best indicator of a good response would be loss of HB e antigen with a gain of HB e antibody - eg, seroconversion.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Transmission From Dried Blood On Towel
- Hiv Transmission In Lesbian Sex With Grinding Or Oral Sex
- How Long Does HIV Survive In Breast Milk?
- How Long HIV Virus Live In The Dead Body?
- Laws In Illinois Regarding Partner Notification Of HIV
- Percentage Of Getting Hiv From Vaginal Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.