|reply pls worried
Nov 9, 2008
my doc started on with adefovir 6 months back. that time my viral load was 64,00,00,000 copies , after 6 months when i under went the test again it was 54290 copies. what does this mean? will i be cured . how long will the treatment has to continue?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You started with an extremely high viral load so it appears that you are responding nicely with at least a 4-log drop. This is typical for adefovir.
However, if you have detectable virus by 48 weeks I would want to either add another drug or switch to decrease the risk of resistance.
Risk of liver biopsy as routine test
hep c and hiv
- Is Pain In Penis A Symptom Of HIV?
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Over The Counter Products That Test For Vaginal Infections
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.