For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

reply pls worried

my doc started on with adefovir 6 months back. that time my viral load was 64,00,00,000 copies , after 6 months when i under went the test again it was 54290 copies. what does this mean? will i be cured . how long will the treatment has to continue?

You started with an extremely high viral load so it appears that you are responding nicely with at least a 4-log drop. This is typical for adefovir.

However, if you have detectable virus by 48 weeks I would want to either add another drug or switch to decrease the risk of resistance.

Risk of liver biopsy as routine test
hep c and hiv