Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Infection/worried
Nov 9, 2008

Hi, first thanks so much for helping out. I had recently visited a strip club and the stripper there tried to kiss me. In the process she brushed her lips against my upper lip and i could feel some wetness there. Normally i would not have been concerned by this incident. However, I noticed that my lower lip was very chapped and dry and some skin had come off. There could have been some dry blood too. Also, there was a mouth sore under my lower lip in my mouth. I am just very concerned that the saliva from the woman could infect me at my lip and mouth sore.

Is it possible to get infected with hepatitis virus in this way?

What are my chances? and

do i need testing over this incident?

Please advice,

thanks

Response from Dr. McGovern

I would not get any testing for this incident. The hepatitis viruses generally need blood to blood exposure for transmission.

Previous
Foster child diagnosed with Hep C
Next
liverfunction test

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.