|Foster child diagnosed with Hep C
Nov 9, 2008
My Foster Grandson was diagnosed with hep c. Is this something that the family can get from eating or drinking after him
Response from Dr. McGovern
Absolutely not. There are no risks of getting hepatitis C from him. HCV is transmitted blood to blood - like injection drug users who share needles.
Enjoy your grandson to the fullest....He should also be seen by a specialist in liver disease to help decide when he may be a candidate for treatment in the future to get rid of his infection.
antibody conversion after hep b vaccine series
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Genital Warts Cause Cancer?
- Does Washing Up After Sex Prevent Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.