For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

HBV_DNA results

Dear Doctor, I am diagnosed in hepa B and the results of my lab test is (HbsAg +),(Anti HBs -),(HBeAG -),(Anti HBe +),(Anti HBcIgM -)and also my DNA test, Could you please interpret result of my HBV-DNA Viral Load RT-PCR (TAQMAN) which is 686 IU/ml. Remarks: 1) HBV-DNA Viral Load RT-PCR (TAQMAN) Detection Limit: 6 - 110,000,000 IU/ml (35-640,200,000 copies/ml) 2. Specimens with less than 6 IU/ml (<35 copies/ml) is below the defined range of the test. 3. Specimens with greater than 110,000,000 IU/ml (.640,200,000 copies/ml) is above the defined range of the test

Your HBV DNA test is very low. You appear to have an inactive HBV carrier state. I would recheck your DNA level over time along with liver function tests. Serial monitoring of AFP and an ultrasound of your liver may be needed over time as well depending on your age and family history.

help angel eyes
can newborn hep c convert to negative