|help angel eyes
Nov 9, 2008
I have been told that I have chronic hep B. on my lab results everything is negative but my Hep b core is still positive since 2006 I have been testing positive this and my liver function has been normal does this mean I can pass it on to other and does this mean I still have the diease and I can pass it on to other thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
Good question. No you have "isolated hepatitis B core" - this can mean one of three things:
1. Recent acute hepatitis B infection 2. Past hepatitis B infection with loss of antibody over time 3. A false positive hepatitis B test
If you have had this pattern since 2006, I would recommend vaccination to see if you mount surface antibodies that are protective against infection. If you mount antibodies right away after one shot, you probably had past infection and lost your protective surface antibodies and just needed a "booster" to stimulate your memory immune cells.
If you need all three shots, your test was probably a false positive - but at least you will be protected against hepatitis B.
average life span
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Do Lesbians Protect Themselves From Stds?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Can ARS Occur At 10 Weeks?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.