Hepatitis B s Antigen: Positiv ?+ a diferent story

Hello Dr Barbara McGovern, I have few questions because our story is a bit different and still we can not get the answers. I know your time is valuable and will try keep it brief. My wife received the tests today(did it twice to be sure)Meanwhile a red almost all forums here and our results a spelled different in New Zealand, however.

*Liver:-Bilirubin(total): 11umol/l (0-24) -Alkaline Phosphatase: 51 units (40-100) -GGT: 14 units (0-50) -ALT: 22 units (0-45) -AST: 22 IU/L (0-45)

*Hepatitis: -Hepatitis B a Antigen: Positive -anti HBc IgM: Negative

*HEP B Comment: Result suggest infection with Hep B, which is most likely chronic.If HBsAg remauns detectable in six months this patient has a chronic infection...

-Anti HCV (total antibody): Negative

My questions are: 1.What this "positive" mean? Also my wifes mum sad that she was immunized when she was young(now 31 years old)also month ago my wife undergo surgery for chocolate cyst(single 20x40mm, result excellent after operation.Since then we are trying to have a baby. 2.Is it possible to get infected again? 3.Is it possible to get infected when surgery appeared? My results are "negative" but I am waiting for copy for full information.First test to my wife done month ago. 4.Why I don't have it if she is a possible chronic. 5.Shall she go for immunization/treatment and what is your suggestion? 6. What is the chance if she was infected recently to be cured?

Many,many regards and thank you very much in advance

Nick I. Thank you

Your wife may have chronic hepatitis B infection if her surface antigen remains positive. However, I want to also tell you that she needs some more testing for HBV. Namely,

1. HB core antibody IgG needs to be tested. The negative IgM suggests that this is not new infection. However, if it is chronic, her IgG should be positive. If it isn't...the surface antigen may be a false positive. 2. I would also ask for testing of HBV DNA to see if she has any virus in her blood. 3. She also needs liver function tests.

Good luck - if she is truly positive...then she will need monitoring during pregnancy and will also need preventative therapy for the newborn baby - which should keep the baby extremely safe. However, I am not quite sure this test is truly positive. Please follow up for much more thorough evaluation.

Fatty changes in Liver
resistance to entecavir-urgent pl.