|Fatty changes in Liver
Nov 9, 2008
I got my SGPT tested as a routine check and found out the level to be 71 U/L.I do not consume alcohol or tobacco in any form. After that I went for Ultrasound of whole abdomen. The report suggests of fatty changes in the liver though the shape, size and position of the Liver is normal.What is the problem with me? I do feel some pain in the upper right side of the abdomen?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Fatty liver is a very common problem - particularly in the US. You will want to discuss this with your doctor so risk factors can be discerned - ie, high cholesterol or triglycerides, insulin resistance, or just being overweight. Weight loss is very helpful for fatty liver.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Blood Splash Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Do Lesbians Protect Themselves From Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.