Twinrix after possible exposure to Hep B

Dear Dr. I had high risk unprotected sex,and was tested negative after 4 weeks ,I started twinrix and took my second shot,i experienced sharp pains in my right side for many weeks then the pains stopped, i just got my last shot and im starting too feel the same pains as 5-4 months ago.

Question,is it possible i was infected but test didnt show due to window period and Twinrix could cause damage to the liver and thats the pains im feeling?

THANKS FOR HELPING SO MANY PEOPLE FOR SUCH ALONG TIME,GOD BLESS YOU

If you are concerned about hepatitis B, all you need to do is to get some repeat blood tests. Even simple liver function tests would be reassuring to you in light of your right upper quadrant pain. If they were normal this would reassure you that your discomfort is not related to acute viral hepatitis.

Twirix works well and you should have already had some protection even after 1 to 2 doses. I doubt your discomfort is related to the vaccine.

Hope this is helpful to you...If the pains continue, see you doctor again.

HBV why not spredding?
HIV+ and suspected HCV infection