Non-infectious Hepa B

Good day, Dr. McGovern.

I tested positive for chronic Hepa B (I've been diagnosed since 1998) but my doctor told me that I was not infectious. What does it exactly mean? Also, will there be a time that I will become infectious or do I stay non-infectious all throughout? My wife had been tested negative for Hepa B some 9 years ago. Does she need to be reexamined?

Can you also please tell me what is significant about my latest lab results below:

HBsAG Reactive Anti-HBs Non-Reactive Anti-HBc IgG Reactive Anti-HAV IgM Non-Reactive Anti-HCV Non-Reactive Anti-HBc IgM Non-Reactive HBeAg Non-Reactive Anti-HBe Reactive AFP 1.0 NV - 0.04-11.8 IU/ml SGOT 8.0 U/L NV 17-59 SGPT below 3.0 U/L NV 21-72

On what areas above should I be worried? My Hepa B profile has been constant since I had my first test 10 years ago.

I hope to read your reply soon.

Thank you very much and God bless you for sharing your expertise with all of us who seek your help.

Your laboratories just reinforce that you have an inactive HBV carrier state. You do not have active disease.

Yes, your disease could become active if you needed high dose chemotherapy or steroids for another type of illness. That is why it is important to mention to your doctor that you do have chronic hepatitis B in case you need these types of treatment in the future for some reason.

Otherwise, it is also possible that your immune system will eventually clear the surface antigen of HBV - although this only happens to a minority of patients.

Overall you are doing well judging by your blood tests. Your wife should be vaccinated against hepatitis B if she has not been infected in the past.

plz plz plz tell me about HBsAg
HBV why not spredding?