Oct 25, 2008
My partner cheated on me with a 'bar girl' while away on business in Bangkok in March this year. He fell ill and it was found he has HCV. He is now terrified he might have HIV aswell. I have tested negative. What is the likelihood of him having caught both virus' at the same time?
Response from Dr. McGovern
He will need ongoing testing for HIV for up to 12 months to be certain.
He should also have serial testing for HCV RNA to see if he is clearing his infection; if not and if it appears that he recently acquired HCV, he may do well with treatment of acute HCV infection. Treatment during this phase is extremely effective.
Liver Damage and HIV
Not Completed the Vaccine series yet already pricked
- Can You Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.