Liver Damage and HIV

My friend is a recovered alcoholic who has recently been diagnosed HIV+. His CD4 count is 24 and he has not been given an ARV's by the clinic. He's from a very poor african background and the local support is extremely poor. What can I do to help him on a dietary front? Thank you

I would be certain that your friend can be seen at a free-clinic since he is in desperate need for treatment. Your local department of public health may be able to point you in the right direction. He should also have testing for hepatitis A, B, and C. There are no special dietary requirements.

unusual Hep C results
HCV/HIV coinfection