|Liver Damage and HIV
Oct 25, 2008
My friend is a recovered alcoholic who has recently been diagnosed HIV+. His CD4 count is 24 and he has not been given an ARV's by the clinic. He's from a very poor african background and the local support is extremely poor. What can I do to help him on a dietary front? Thank you
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would be certain that your friend can be seen at a free-clinic since he is in desperate need for treatment. Your local department of public health may be able to point you in the right direction. He should also have testing for hepatitis A, B, and C. There are no special dietary requirements.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.