Oct 25, 2008
Can hepitis C be spread when it is not active? Can it be spread when shaving?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C can be spread from blood to blood contact from a person who has virus in their bloodstream. We do not recommend sharing razors due to a concern that this could spread HCV. However, the vast majority of patients who acquire HCV have a history of a much more substantial risk such as injection drug use.
ALT a poor indicator of active liver inflammation?
unusual Hep C results
- How Long Do Symptoms Of Aids Take To Show Up After Initial Infection?
- Can You Get Hep C From Drinking Out Of A Cup Or Eating From Someone's Plate?
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv Antibodies To Show Up?
- Most People Infected With Hiv Experience Ars Symptoms
- Teeth Extraction In Hiv Patients
- How Long After Exposure To Hiv Does It Take To Test Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.