hep b vaccine effectiveness

hi, iam vaccinated against hep b.I had my Hepatitis b antibody level checked in january this year 2008 because of my job(iam a nurse)..the levels were >999 mIU/ml. iam dating a girl who is a hep b carrier,i wanted to know if i have protected sex with her what are the chances of me getting hep b,am i 100% protected or is there a risk. iam really worried because of my profession.

The hepatitis B vaccine is great - it affords you excellent protection. Periodically you should have your surface antibodies checked to be certain that you still have a protective level. Yours are very high so they should be good for a long time to come. I would let your primary care doc know that your partner is a carrier so he or she can check your serology from time to time.

I agree that protected sex is the best idea since you will be protected against other STDs.

Hepatitis Results
ALT a poor indicator of active liver inflammation?