For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Always a confusing subject, so far

I can see that so many questions are asked about testing duration for possible HIV/HCV co-infection.

If a person living in the UK was exposed to a possible HIV/HCV co-infection (not a confirmed exposure, but a possibility) and he gets a NEGATIVE DETERMINE RAPID HIV 1 and 2 antibodies test on whole blood sample (the test is recognised in the UK and European Union)after 6 months of exposure along with a NEGATIVE ELISA HCV antibodies test at the same time, will he need further testing?

Pease note that no PCR studies were done.

Thanks a lot.

Yes this would be adequate. No further testing is needed for a negative rapid HIV test and since your HCV antibodies are negative, no further testing is required past six months.

Interpreting LFTs - Should I get tested for HIV ?