|not active hepa..
Oct 19, 2008
i have hepa b but my doctor told me that my hepa is not active what does it mean ....does it mean that my hepa is not contagoius...
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Inactive carriers can have a positive Hepatitis B surface antigen but no active viremia and normal liver function tests. This can change to active disease so it is important to have serial monitoring over time.
Your household family members and sex partner should be immunized against hepatitis B in case your infection becomes active again.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Bladder Infection Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.