HIV and Hep C coinfection

Hi Barbara, Please help. I am concerned about being co-infected with HIV and Hep C. If I were to get both theses virus's from one episode, would it be difficult to diagnose either one of them. What I am really asking is, does the 3 month anti-body test stand as conclusive for HIV and the 6 month conclusive for Hep C, if you had an episode where you had been at risk of both, through contact with blood for example.

There is a lot of confusion about this point. Testing for both is accurate. Serial testing should follow the normal routine for both viruses.

The only thing that would change this recommendation, is if you got acute hepatitis C infection DOCUMENTED during this testing period (ie, hepatitis C RNA in your bloodstream, which is then accompanied by seroconversion ie, HCV antibody). Then - and only then - would further testing be performed for HIV.

HEP AND HIV transmission?
i tested false positive now what?